Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Praise And Be Raised

It is not the load that breaks us down. It's the way we carry it.

Complaining is a sin! It also opens many doors for the enemy. Complaining, grumbling words carry destructive power. They destroy the joy of the one doing the complaining and can also affect people who have to listen to them.

Murmuring and complaining pollute our lives and probably sound like cursing to the Lord. To pollute is to poison. If you look for the bad in life, you'll find it.

When we complain about our current situation, we remain in it; when we praise God in the midst of difficulty, He raises us out of it.

Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.

We want to give our situations and trials to God for Him to use for His glory, not for us to become bitter about. God will use any negative circumstances to refine our spiritual mind, prove His merciful power and teach us to further trust Him.

I am convinced God doesn't dislike tough times as much as we do. Oh, He hates sin, that's for sure. And I know His heart breaks for our pain. But tough times are kind of like the pain we might feel going to the gym. It hurts while we are there, but there is a greater good coming forth. If we position ourselves to see His hand at work, we see it. I am determined to see God glorified through my mundane. Well, I see my everyday as mundane, but if I allow Him to use it, He can make my mundane miraculous. If you pray to be used by God, you better believe He's going to answer.

The best way to start every day is with gratitude and thanksgiving. Get a jump on the devil. Truly thankful people do not complain. They are so busy being grateful for the good things they do have that they have no time to notice the things they could complain about.

Part of the growing process with Christ is realizing how much further I have to go. I'm thankful that God is merciful and deals with me a little at a time. He is patient, loving and kind. I want to be more like Him and less like me.

We all seem to talk more about our bad days than we do our good ones. Are we glorifying God in this? No! Let's change our focus. Instead of expecting it to be a bad day, let's expect it to be God's day.

Humbled and undeserving,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment