Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What Is More Important Than Sitting In The Presence Of The Almighty?

I receive a peace that accompanies me throughout my day when I set aside time early in the morning to partake of the wisdom that the Lord has reserved for me. He knows what the day will bring, and if I'm willing to ask, seek, and meditate on His Word, He promises to walk through challenges with me.

If you are too busy to pray, you are busier than God wants you to be. Stop being a slave to your appointment book.

How can we be so excited for things of this world and not over the One who laid down His life for us?

Everything we strive so hard to accomplish or gain here on earth - those things we worry about and allow to steal our joy - will one day be washed away, like sandcastles on the beach. Are you building castles in the sand or storing up treasures in Heaven?

Anything we do outside of God is insignificant. Am I more concerned about what matters to me or about what matters to Jesus?

Whenever I invite God on my daily journey, I have the opportunity to receive a peace that comes only from Him. When I commit to daily devotions and connect with God throughout the day, I accept the challenge to push back a culture that encroaches upon my faith. Only then can God assume the appropriate places in my life.

All For Him,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment