Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Great Is Thy Faithfulness (200th Blog Post)

Giving your life to God is a sacrifice. But the most important thing a believer has in their lives is their relationship with God, and no sacrifice we make on this earth can be any greater than what God has already sacrificed for our salvation.

One of the biggest leaps I have ever taken happened the day I realized it was up to me to plant myself next to Jesus and drink from His living water rather than allow myself to be brought down by worldly ways.

Jesus has shown me a love I have never known!

All God is looking for is a sincere heart that chooses to love Him more than self.

Jesus says we demonstrate our love for Him by obedience to what He says. Those who aren't serving God want money, position, power, and things, but as believers our primary goal should be to obey and glorify God. I went to church for many years without giving a great deal of thought to obeying God. I was following a religious formula hoping that would make me acceptable to God, but had not made a full commitment to be guided daily by His principles.

I have been knocked down a few times in my forty years of life here on earth, but through those times I had a faithful friend that I could never do without and I never want to be without Him. His name is Jesus. I have known of Him for a really long time, since my childhood, but I have had a relationship with Him for many years now. Just knowing about Him is not the same as knowing and having a relationship with Him.

Because of my hard times over the past six years, I have grown in my relationship with God. I prayed that the Lord would use me to help others going through difficult times, to encourage them and remind them of the hope they have in Jesus.

Today, I am very excited because I am posting my 200th blog post! God has called me to be an encourager to others going through rough times. I am so thankful for this opportunity to be able to be obedient to His calling. All I did was say yes, and let God do the rest. He has reached people all the way across the world with the words of my blog.

God has a great deal He wants to reveal to us as His children. If we want to make hearing from God a way of life, we must be obedient to Him when He speaks to us.

I want to learn something new every day of my life. Our walk with God is a continual journey. It is a tedious one in which we need to hear from God and be led by His Spirit. The Holy Spirit has something to teach you every day.

I do not fully understand God. But there is much I know: My God doesn't just do good things- He IS good. My god doesn't just love us- He IS love. He is a just, righteous, merciful, holy, sovereign, omniscient, omnipresent, indescribably awesome God. Through Him, all things hold together and have their being, and nothing, NOTHING, is out of His control. I'm glad He is too big for me to fathom. A God small enough for me to understand....would not be God at all.

Don't just read the Bible in order to feel that you have done your duty for the day, but approach it with the desire to learn something you did not know. I learn something every time I blog. God uses it to encourage me too! The Holy Spirit is our Teacher, and I believe He has something special for us each day if we will open our hearts and listen.

If you are faithful in little things, God will make you ruler over greater things.

Faithfully His,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment