Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Flip The Switch

God has wired His world for power, but He calls on us to flip the switch.

We don't work unless we stay plugged in. We can coast along for a little while away from the source, but will eventually shut down. We have to stay plugged in, connected to God. Only He can make us "run" like we were designed to do.

I'm not capable, but God's spirit in me is very capable. In my strength my gifts are "D" effort at best, but when surrendered to Christ there is no end to what He can do with them. Whatever I have the faith to surrender fully, willing to rid myself of my comfort zone or my conveniences, He can make beautiful.

When I "flip the switch" I pursue Him and He pursues His perfection in me. He desires me to see the world through His eyes, with His heart. There is no way for me to do that in my own strength.

When we pray, things change. Sometimes prayer brings about a change in our circumstances, but prayer ALWAYS brings about a change in our hearts.

If your father were Bill Gates and your computer broke, where would you turn? If your father is God and you have a problem on your hands, to whom would you go?

"God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance." - 2 Corinthians 9:8

In Him,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment