Friday, May 4, 2012

No More Same Old Same Old

Tomorrow, May 5, I will turn 41. I have been through two major losses in my life over the past 5 1/2 years. The first being the passing of my mother to cancer when I was 35. The second being the passing of my Dad to heart disease when I was 39. And yes, there were times that I felt that I would never see the light at the end of the tunnel. But God keeps His promises and there is a rainbow after the storm.

Isaiah 43:18,19 says, "Do not [earnestly] remember the former things; neither consider the things of the old. Behold, I am doing a new thing! In this scripture, God says he is doing a new thing. As you move into the future He has for you, you will encounter all kinds if new opportunities, and challenges. The days ahead will be full of new experiences, things you have never done before. You may not know how to do them, but you will learn. Everything you are doing today was new to you at one time - and look, now you can do it.

When I look back over the past 5 1/2 - 6 years of my 41 years of life, I see how God challenged me so I could develop new abilities which is extremely important to your spiritual growth and maturity.

God laid it on my heart to start my encouragement blog. He said to me, "Dalinda, you have not done this before, but don't be afraid. I'm taking you to a place you have never been before. I'm going to ask you to do something you don't know how to do!"....So here I am today, almost to the 1 year anniversary of my blogging. :)

Remember, God has already been where He is leading you, and He has prepared the way. Step out in faith and you will experience the faithfulness of God.

Let go of what lies behind and press into the great future God has planned for you. I can promise you: God is with you. He will lead you. He will strengthen you. He will help you.

In Him,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment