Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Take A First Step, But Don't Stumble

You can never arrive at your final destination without taking a first step.

Faith is first a decision, then an exercise in obedience, then a gift from God as it is multiplied.

Faith is a spiritual muscle that needs to be exercised in order to prevent atrophy, which makes our entire spiritual being weak.

I have a steep stairway in my house, and every time I look too far ahead when I walk up or down the steps, I stumble and fall. I don't have any problem when I pay attention to the step I'm on or the one that's just ahead. It's the same for our lives. Looking too far ahead can cause us to stumble.

God is not asking you to be perfect. He is asking you to allow Him to be perfect in you. God is not asking you to have your whole future figured out. He is asking you to trust that He has your future planned. Thinking too much about the future can keep you from fully living the life God has given you now.

Focus on giants...you stumble. Focus on God...your giants tumble.

Whenever we decide NOT to trust God we stumble. Faith is our DAILY decision to trust God. When we exercise our obedience by trusting Him, He meets DAILY needs DAILY and miraculously. And our faith is multiplied...Hence, faith is first decision, then an exercise in obedience, then a gift from God as it is multiplied.

Our big God blesses our small faith.

Faithfully His,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment