Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Wise Don't Expect To Find Life Worth Living; They Make It That Way

It takes a lot of Jesus for me to be a good Mom. Maybe He knew I needed a lot more sanctifying. That's the more likely reason.

The goal has never been about perfection. It's about....our growth. There is no room in His will for our faint-less efforts to be perfect in an imperfect world. Our goal should be for our children to look more like Jesus than they look like us.

It's the journey that matters. Deuteronomy 6:6-7 says, "These words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

God doesn't want me to fix the people in my life. Not even the little people in my life. He simply wants to use me as an instrument in His purpose for my children's lives.

If my aim and my boys' aim is some version of myself then they will fall far short of their best. The issue is this however, as parents we are the ones leading our children's faith walk. Whether I am intentional in this or not, it's still the truth. I don't want to lead them haphazardly or in bits and spurts. I want to lead them continually closer to Jesus, to be more like Him, to love Him, and to be His hands and feet...

Remember...Life's dividends depend on interest.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment