Monday, May 14, 2012

When You Sing God's Praises, You Can Never Go High Enough

When was the last time you told God how much you appreciate Him?

What words would you use to describe God? Loving. Merciful. Eternal. Glorious. Dependable. Truthful. Compassionate. Faithful. Friend. Father. Savior. Every word you can think of is reason for praise. When you pray, share more than a a list of requests with God. Tell God how much He means to you. Choose one attribute of God and tell Him how that character trait has made a difference in your life.

"Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things." - Psalm 98:1

Yesterday was Mother's Day, a day where children around the world show and tell Mom how great she is. I am glad my kids think I am a great Mom. But I hope they think I am great all the time, not just when I've made them happy. I hope their belief that I'm the best Mom in the world doesn't fluctuate depending on how happy they are with what I've done. I love to hear them say I'm the greatest even when it doesn't involve getting something - when it's just because they love me.

I bet God likes hearing us tell Him He's the greatest too. In fact, I know He does. The Bible says that He inhabits the praise of His people. With all the places He could choose to dwell, He chose our praises.

But we fail to praise Him enough. Praising God usually isn't high on our priorities list. We're perfectly willing to thank Him when He does something we like, but praising Him? Are we really supposed to spend time telling Hom how great He is?....YES! It's not because He doesn't know He's great. It's because we need to spend time contemplating His greatness.

God is worthy to be praised all the time. His worthiness doesn't depend on His having just done something for me, or on whether I'm busy that day. He deserves to be praised ALL THE TIME!

I want to make it my goal to praise Him more often. Will you join me in that goal? If so, you will not only bring pleasure to God's heart, which is reward enough in itself, but you'll also experience the incredible blessing of having your heart filled as you praise.

"I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders." - Psalm 9:1

For His Praise and Glory,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment