Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Enemy Is Big....But My God Is Bigger

Have you ever wanted to put you Christianity on a shelf and be as mean to someone as they are being to you? I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the times I have felt this way! This is the exact point where I had to make a choice of whom I wanted to partner with in these situations....God or Satan.

As bad as I wanted to seek revenge, I was reminded that revenge removes God from the equation. Only God assesses accurate judgements. We impose punishments too slight or severe. God dispenses perfect justice. Psalm 103:6 says, "For all who are mistreated, the Lord brings justice." God knows each person's story and will make things right in His perfect time and in His wise and loving ways.

I've come to realize that people on edge must have a lot of stored up misery....and they want to make everyone else miserable too. Their reactions to me probably have a lot less to do with me and a lot more to do with what is going on in their lives. And my job isn't to fix them or set them straight or prove how wrong they were acting....it's God's job.

Remember, the words we speak have power. They can hurt or heal, repel or attract. They also provide a fairly accurate barometer as to what's going on in our hearts.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight. O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." - Psalm 19:14

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment