Tuesday, November 13, 2012

God Is Teaching Me To Glory In My Cross

The secret of knowing God's complete sufficiency is in coming to the end of everything in ourselves and our circumstances. It is then we will recognize these things as the necessary conditions for blessings. We will then turn from our circumstances to God, realizing they are the evidence of Him working in our lives. - A.B. Simpson

We ALL have crosses to bare. But do we make it a habit of thanking God for our struggles? We should! Yes, we thank God for all of our blessings, however, when carrying our cross we tend to look forward to the place where we will be rewarded for it, instead of thinking about our cross as a present glory itself.

2 Corinthians 12:10 says, "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

When God desires to create more power in your life, He creates more friction. He uses this pressure to generate spiritual power. Some people cannot handle it, and run from the pressure instead of receiving the power and using it to rise above the painful experience that produced it.

Opposition is essential to maintaing true balance in our lives. It is not enough to only have a propelling force. We need an equal repelling force. The struggles we endure further our progress and strengthen our foundation.

There is no shortcut to a life of faith, which is an absolute necessity for a holy and victorious life.

Have you ever heard of anyone being used greatly by God who did not experience a special time of waiting, or a complete upset of his plans at first? Have you been looking forward to telling about trusting Jesus, but instead He is asking you to show what trust is, by waiting?

My own experience is far less severe than Paul's but reveals the same principle. I have been on a roller coaster ride of waiting. I have had medical tests after medical tests over the last seven months trying to get a diagnosis of all my health problems.

I believe you can force a rosebud open, but you will spoil the flower. Same principle here: God often withholds our enjoyment and awareness of our progress, because He knows best what will actually ripen and further His work in us.

Life has blinding cycles of its own -- but our God is always blazing glory. When my semblance of power is lacking, His perfect power is excelling. God doesn't need anything from me, He wants something for me.

I am thankful for being a vessel used daily by an almighty God who doesn't have to use me, but wants to use me. I am thankful for both the weights and the wings He produces. For both work together and they work for good. We experience real growth in grace as a result of our struggles being sanctified by Him.

For how can you know if you have faith, until your faith is exercised?

Blessings,
Dalinda

If you are on Facebook, please like my page at http://www.facebook.com/faithfriendsandfruitloops

No comments:

Post a Comment