Wednesday, November 28, 2012

No More Same Old, Same Old

Same old is comfortable. Same old is familiar. Same old is easy. But....Same old doesn't challenge us. Same old doesn't change us. Same old doesn't prepare us for the greater things ahead. Same old doesn't grow us in our spiritual walk with the Lord. Same old, doesn't bless us.

I believe God allows trials in our lives to bless us. Pain means we are being loved by God enough that He is pruning us to bear fruit. We, as believers, need to recognize God's pruning as being helpful, not painful. Life is too short to miss out on God's wonderful opportunities and blessings. Life is too short to go through trials and come out empty!

Seven years ago, I would have never thought that I could give thanks and praise God for allowing such heartache in my life. I have lost my Mom to cancer and my Dad to heart disease during these years, and am now battling health issues myself. But these years have been the most spiritually beautiful and enriched years which I have experienced in my entire life!

Trials present opportunities for thankfulness.

I am thankful for one more day, one more moment to live this life. Thankful for memories made, and memories revisited. As treasured as the material things can be, the things felt with the heart and soul are even more treasured.

God doesn't need your things. He needs you - your heart, your mind, your willingness, your all.

Lord Jesus, how awesome it is that You send or allow these trials that prepare us for greater things. May we recognize Your hand in them today and praise You for them. In Jesus' name...Amen!

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment