Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Is The Highest Form of Worship

I believe it’s especially important to thank our Lord during our deepest struggles.

Our thanksgiving is not dependent upon our circumstances. We can learn to give thanks even under the greatest provocations. Job is a perfect example to us!

The smallest of inconveniences often tip us over the edge to irritation, frustration, and anger. We certainly are not thinking of giving thanks. Every one of us struggles with adjusting to our situation when it isn’t in accordance with our will. How much better it would be for us if we did.

It’s not easy to be thankful when our world is falling apart, and God has yet to answer our prayers. It’s not easy to be thankful when our pain is so great. With the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in our heart, we can overcome our feelings and position ourselves to be thankful.

Because gratitude is a gift you can choose every day. This is a time to look forward...but also a time to look back...to see what has brought you here and give thanks for all that has happened on the road of life. It is the love and joy we attain that warms our lives and hearts, but it is the challenges we overcome that allow us to truly feel the glow of accomplishment in our spiritual growth.

So I am very thankful when I hear friends praise God for the dark times because even in those dark times, God is there.

We have much to be thankful for. So let us count our blessings and acknowledge God’s providential care for us. Let us rejoice in His love and mercy and grace.

The most important thing to remember this Thanksgiving is that Christian contentment is a convection that Christ's power, purpose and provision are sufficient for any and all circumstances. Contentment is saying out loud in your heart and soul: "I have Christ and that is enough." (see 2 Corinthians 12:9)

I am thankful for God who is forever on His throne. AMEN!

I am thankful that though I cannot imagine Heaven, this earth is not my home because of the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ.

Today also brings with it thankfulness for the promising days ahead. Knowing that through the terrifying events of the tribulation, I will be sitting at the feet of my Father in Heaven.

I am thankful for being able to share the Gospel truth with friends around the corner and across the world. For my soul purpose in sharing the Gospel with my friends is because I want to see all of you sitting at the feet of our Heavenly Father along with me. For all of God's promises are "Yes!" in Christ Jesus.

Blessings,
Dalinda

If you are on Facebook, please like my page at http://www.facebook.com/faithfriendsandfruitloops

No comments:

Post a Comment