Thursday, November 15, 2012

With Less Of Myself, I See More Of God

My life....like yours is shaken to the core sometimes. But I know as long as I stay close to Jesus I will be okay. I am thankful for knowing that God is before me, behind me, and beside me and I NEVER have to fear.

God grants us with numerous miracles throughout our days. But all too often we continue to overlook them until something goes wrong with them. For me, things such as two eyes that behold the beauties of the world, and the defenses programmed into this body of mine that are working to ward off any invaders.

I didn't realize that I took these two things for granted until something went wrong with them. I have lost some vision in my right eye and my immune system, which is suppose to protect me from disease and infection, is now attacking healthy cells in my body by mistake. This is due to some kind of autoimmune disease. My rheumatologist is trying to figure out which one because there are over 80 different kinds.

God is teaching me so much in this school of affliction. Number one, don't take His blessings for granted. He is also teaching me that sometimes God builds your faith because what He has for you down the road is even more difficult. Kinda like you can't learn to multiply until you first learn to add.

Sometimes the crashing waves of your trials don't wash you away, but wash you alive. We all have different seasons in life. A full crop is made by ALL the seasons and the only way to have it all is by letting one season bring it's yield into the next. The seasons bring it all as He meant it to be. The only way to have it all....is to have Jesus--and like Him--give it all away.

With less of myself, I see more of God. There are thousands of ways to be stretched thin and it's the stretch marks that I wear that can be my thin places, giving me more of God.

At the bottom of my bad thing is a God who is there. God has given me tools that I need to win the battle. It is in the fight that I gain strength. The struggle makes me stronger. While I am struggling, God is strengthening me. I am becoming stronger for the next battle.

Going forward when the going gets tough is not a test of how tough you are but how strong your faith is. For He is the One who gives you strength to fight the battle. And there is only One power that can make us victors in the battle....JESUS!

Blessings,
Dalinda




If you are on Facebook, please like my page at http://www.facebook.com/faithfriendsandfruitloops



No comments:

Post a Comment