Thursday, November 29, 2012

Scrooge Didn't Create The World; God Did

The world tells us how to look, how we need to behave, and what we should find entertaining. People seem to have an opinion on everything we think, say, and do. People can find all kinds of reasons to say, "Something's wrong with you." We, believers, must remember that Satan wants us to become self-focused by making us figure out what's wrong with ourselves.

The world is wrong!

Scrooge didn't create this world; God did. We are "in" this world, but we don't have to be "of" this world.

What would happen if I stop making everything about me and consider others?

What would happen if I made it my mission to be the best person I can be every single day, to reflect Christ’s attitudes and actions and compassion no matter what that day holds?

What would happen if I had the courage to stop dreaming and start doing?

What would happen if I started praying for those who hurt or annoy me instead of rehearsing every offense for days after it’s done?

What would happen if I let go of my fear of others’ opinions and did what God’s put in my heart?

What would happen if I took a break from things that overwhelm or distract me and replaced them with quiet time with Him?

What would happen if I began to focus on only the positive things in my life?

What would happen if I stopped begging God and started trusting Him to handle it in His time, His way?

What would happen if I took God’s promises and directives personally, like they were written specifically for me?

And yet we live as if we don’t know the answers to these questions.

What would happen if we stood in line to see Jesus just as we line up for Santa, good deals, new electronics, sporting events and concerts? But have we ever done that for Jesus? Have we been as excited over Jesus as we get over an expensive new phone or our favorite football team? Oh friends, let's get excited over JESUS!

Don't be the Scrooge "of" this world! Get excited over the one who laid down His life for you! Because of Jesus, we have hope of eternal life in Heaven with Him....NOW THAT'S SOMETHING TO GET EXCITED ABOUT!!!!!!!

Our hope isn't built on our performance but on Jesus' righteousness.

The Gospel isn't a one time message for the unbelievers but a constant miracle for the imperfect - the message that cleans up every mess.

The Gospel isn't just the hope of the unsaved - the Gospel is the very heart of the already saved.

Absorbing the truth of the Gospel daily isn't a cliche, it's critical. Otherwise, it's your very life that's in critical condition.

This world doesn't have anything that can burn down the faith of a heart on fire for God. AMEN!

We become what we believe we are; therefore, as we become convinced that we are right with God, our behavior will improve....NO MORE SCROOGE!

Don't wait another minute to believe that God accepts you. He views you as being in right standing with Him, and loves you unconditionally.

Blessings,
Dalinda


No comments:

Post a Comment