Friday, November 23, 2012

Hope Is An Attitude

We all experience moments of hopelessness in our earthly journeys. The death of our dreams, the crashing down of our hopes, the promises of God seemingly unfulfilled...we are no more immune to disappointment than Jesus' disciples were.

Many people fail to enjoy the abundance God has for them because they have an "I'm needy" mindset. I think acting as if God will not meet your needs or doesn't want us to have our needs met is rather insulting to Him. We should compliment Him by believing He is good and by expecting Him to meet our needs according to the promises in His Word.

Fearing we will not have what we need is exactly what Satan wants. We can open the door to his will through fear just as we can open the door to God's will through faith.

Hope is a mental shift that we choose for ourselves as we tap into our spiritual reserves. When we decide to be hopeful, we open ourselves to discover the wisdom and strength we may have not known existed. When we ask ourselves to stay positive and we answer the call, we are rewarded with knowledge of what we have learned in life. Our lessons, when viewed from this perspective, show us that things generally work out as they should. With hindsight, we are able to understand how a greater plan has been working in our lives.

Hope and a future, prosperity and peace - we can trust that, even when things seem hopeless, God is still at work, carrying out His promises.

My life is not without challenges, but I enjoy a lot more good things than bad ones. In the past, when I expected trouble, I often got it, but now that I expect good, I often get that. Sometimes I even get better than what I have hoped for or expected because that's the way God is. I am so glad God has taught me to aggressively expect good things to happen in my life. He gives us exceedingly, abundantly, above and beyond all that we dare to hope, ask, or think. (see Ephesians 3:20)

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment