Friday, December 9, 2011

God Is My GPS

Do you ever catch yourself manipulating past God's plans to secure your own desire?

When life doesn't unfold the way we dreamed it would, it doesn't mean God has abandoned us. His plans are good, they will make us more whole and more like Jesus, and they will impact the most people for the longest amount of time. It isn't wrong for us to have dreams, but let's be prepared when He wants to steer us in another direction. God may change His directions, but never His promises.

Rest in the assurance that if it is to be, it isn't up to me. It's up to God. I give what I can give. And then wait for Him to give what only He can give. So, if He makes it happen without all my chaotic self-effort, then I know it is His best....And if it doesn't happen, I will praise Him for saving me from myself.

God will never leave you empty handed. If something is taken away, He will replace it with something better, if He denies your request in a certain area, it is because He wishes to give you what is best, if He asks you to put something down, it is so you can pick up something greater.

Living a life of trusting God is much easier living and, in the long run, will save you from wasting your energy trying to figure out why it didn't go your way!

In His Grip,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment