Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Reputation Is Not About Me

As heaven's advertising agency, we promote God in every area of life, including success.

God blessed Israel in order to billboard His faithfulness. When foreigners saw the fruitful farms of the Promised Land, God did not want them to think about the farmer but the farmer's Maker. Their success advertised God.

God lets you excel so you can make Him known. And you can be sure of one thing: God will make you good at something. Proverbs 22:4 says, "True humility and fear of the LORD leads to riches, honor, and long life"....

"We are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us" (2 Corinthians 5:20) The ambassador has a singular aim...to represent His king. He promotes the king's agenda, protects the king's reputation, and presents the king's will. The ambassador elevates the name of the king.

May God rescue us from self-centered thinking. May we have no higher goal than to see someone think more highly of our Father, our King.

I never want to be so full of myself that God has to take drastic measures to knock me off a pedestal. I want to be humble. There is a song from years back that says, "I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean." God is mighty, without Him, we are nothing.  Without God I can not blog. Without Him I can not minister in my church. Without Him I am a selfish wife. Without Him I am not a loving mother. Without Him I am not a friend. Without God I am nothing.

Humbled,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment