Thursday, December 8, 2011

Humbled

So many times, there are conflicts in life because it's all about us. It's all about what we want, what we think, and how it will effect us. It's about our opinions, our goal, and our way of doing things.

I am embarrassed to admit that when I first accepted Christ as my personal Savior, I didn't think God would have much work to do. After all, I was a pretty acceptable person by my standards. Was I ever surprised when I was confronted with God's standards.

When I am confronted by the awesome holiness of my God and Savior I am also confronted with my shortfalls. That's one of the wonderful things about this relationship with my God. Peering intently at Him always encourages me to look more acutely and accurately at myself. It is impossible to draw near to His throne and be reminded of His magnificence without also being reminded of my own massive need for His mercy!

Sometimes we get so caught up in life that we forget who gave it to us...and who gave it for us.

It is when my mind is focused on Jesus, when my eyes look toward eternal things, when my ears listen way beyond the voices of the day, that I hear the ocean sing. The LORD miraculously puts everything into His perspective when my mind and heart are set on all that He is, on all that He has done, on all that He's promised. I become more thankful, I become more hopeful, and most importantly, I am humbled.

Humbled and undeserving,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment