Wednesday, December 28, 2011

His Reflection In Us Is More Beautiful Than We Could Ever Make Ourselves

It's so easy to focus on what we see wrong with our bodies. In the grand scheme of things, I know this is a shallow concern. But if I allow my brain to park in a place of dissatisfaction about how my body looks, it gives Satan just enough room to move in with his lie that strips me of motivation.

The enemy will always place a "why bother" in the face of God's "it's possible."

Like many women, I 've struggled with a flawed perception of myself. My sense of identity and worth were dependent on the wrong things.

We must learn to be content with what God has given us. Because it will never be enough until God is enough.

The body God gave me is good. It's not perfect nor will it ever be this side of Heaven. But it is a gift for which I am thankful. And it is my responsibility to take care of it, to be the best I can be, for God's glory.

Becoming a woman of self-discipline honors God and helps me live the godly characteristic of self-control.

Princesses are not perfect....the pressure is off.

You are a treasured daughter of the Highest King! Don't allow any worthless idols to determine your worth or cause you to believe lies about yourself.

Humbled,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment