Wednesday, September 26, 2012

God Will Not Protect You From That Which He Can Perfect You

Every good life has a balance of duty and bliss. We will be called upon to do things we would rather not. That's why it's called, "Taking up your cross."

Life is not wreckage to be saved out of the world but an investment to be used in the world.

I read somewhere that valleys are the most fertile place on earth and I believe this is true in our lives as well. For in the valleys of life, it is this fertile place that He speaks tenderly to us and the Holy Spirit gently goes to work cultivating our hearts.

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our eyes off our goal. But God will make our obstacles in life serve His purpose.

I ran into one of those obstacles today...literally! Most of you know my optic nerve in my right eye was damaged from the optic neuritis I had back in June. Well, my peripheral vision is shot! This is the side of my body that is black and blue from running into things. Today, it was an arm of a bench. I really wish my eyeglasses would hurry up and come in. They were ordered 3 weeks ago.

Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow by conflict. - William E. Channing

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably does not lead anywhere. - Frank A. Clark

My life is out of control! Yes, my life is out - with my control....but it is also IN control -- my life is in God's Hands, and I know that despite my current difficulties, I shall yet praise Him for His help and faithfulness, and this is truly a privileged and wonderful place to be.

Even if we confine our thinking to this life, it is true that God never touches the heart with a trial without intending to bestow a greater gift or compassionate blessing.

The person who knows how to wait has grown to an exceptional degree in God's grace.

Some believers think they must always be on the mountaintop of extraordinary joy and revelation, but this is not God's way.

No one can stay on the mountaintop of favor forever, for there are responsibilities in the valley. Christ fulfilled His life's work not in the glory but in the valley, and it was there He was truly and completely the Messiah.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment