Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Trials Are The Food Of Faith

We all like to be active. We want to be in control of our lives, but sometimes circumstances force us to accept that we can 'do' nothing. All we can do is be patient and pray.

But notice that life has to force us to this point because most of the world would rather have what we want now, and we'd rather be able to get it through our own efforts, rather than wait on God. And we strive and strive, and our lives become more and more hectic and complicated, as mine is now.

I had another doctor's appointment today that brought me no answers. They are sending me back to my Neuro Opthamologist on Thursday. If he can't get to the bottom of it, then the doctor I saw today suggested the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville or possibly MUSC in Charleston.

God must be really trying to teach me patience or possibly something else. I need to keep my eyes locked on the Lord, not my circumstances. He longs for us to truly trust Him and take Him at His Word.

If God has taken away all means of seeking remedy, there is nothing left but patience. - John Locke

In light of my own experience, I want to encourage you to ask God to either give you the desire of your heart or change your heart in accordance with his perfect will...as He is in the process of changing mine.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment