Wednesday, September 12, 2012

We Teach People How To Trust Us, Over How To Seek Him

Why am I not being Missional WHERE I AM! How dare I be so audacious to think, "Lord, You send me somewhere that no one knows me, where I can pretend to be this Believer that has it all together and I will tell them how they can have it all together too." How dare I think that I could live my life any differently in a different location. If I'm not sharing the gospel - HERE- I doubt I will be comfortable enough with it to share the gospel -there.

If I feel that the Lord is telling me to "GO" - Why am I wasting so many opportunities to "GO" here.

We are believers who do not know how to share our faith in our daily setting. We teach people how to trust us, over how to seek Him.

How can I serve the Lord if I don't know how to follow Him?

Following God is not a Big Yes at one moment. Meaning God doesn't usually speak to your heart and say "Sue Ellen, I want you to go down to 54th street, say "Hulla Ballew" and thousands of people will come to know me."

Following God is learning how to remain in Him, moment by moment. It's not a "Yes Lord, glad to be of service... Got that checked off my holy to-do list."

He says Follow ME! "I (not My holy to-do list) will make you Fishers of men."

Kind of like taking a road trip with a friend, I'm in the drivers seat, not knowing the destination, as He gives me turn by turn directions - Will I trust His every turn and direction or do I have more faith in the map?

My son Jake was in his small group at our church's Student Ministry tonight and one of Jake's leaders made a good analogy: If you had cancer and you discovered the cure and you kept it and locked it in a vault and never told anyone about it, everyone else would still die from cancer. The same thing is true about the Gospel. You know the good news of Jesus Christ, but refuse to tell people and they die in there sin.

So when I say, "I will Go!" Will I "Go" - here, as well as there? Will I come up with excuses? Will I seek to Know Him, Remain in Him, Follow Him - moment by moment?

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment