Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pray And Just Wait Quietly Before Him

Yes, I have problems. Yes, I have busyness. But I wanna be Heaven-minded!

Most of you know that I have been having some health issues. I have had a problem since late April. All this time the Lord has been walking with me. Through all this I have been reminded that sometimes God uses medicine and doctors to help us. But He is the Great Physician that can also still heal me.

Some of what I am learning through all of this is. . .

God cares about us. Over the last few months there have been times when I was scared. There have been many prayers from some great friends being said on my behalf and God has heard everyone of them. I too have prayed a lot. I've prayed for courage, strength, rest, sleep, good test results and healing. He has heard every prayer and He has answered them in the way He has planned for me. Which reminds me of a verse . . .

Isaiah 55:8
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord."

It wasn't too long before this all started happening that He led me to this verse and reminded me that His ways are always better than ours . . .

Isaiah 55:9
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

We might not fully understand why He allows what He allows in our lives. The pain and sorrow, the sickness and disease, the giving and taking and sometimes even . . . the losses we face. But we always know that whatever happens . . . God's way is the best way.

Sometimes a great need in our lives can be a good thing if it leads us to a greater dependence on God. We need to pray and just wait quietly before Him. That's when the calmness finally comes.

I am so thankful for the sweet reminder that God can handle my problems even when I can't.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment