Thursday, September 20, 2012

We Are Warned About Being High-Minded

There is no limit to what God can do through you, provided you do not seek your own glory.

We are warned about being high-minded, that is, thinking more highly of ourselves than we should.

Remember in Genesis when Joseph paraded his new coat for his brothers' viewing? They in turn, stripped him of his colors and sold him into slavery. Yep, showing off tends to trip us up. Thinking more highly of ourselves than we ought means a downfall is probably up ahead.

God knew that for Joseph to grow up, he would have to live down his need to be the center of attention.

What is the central focus of your life? The Lord? Or your need to be center stage?

Uppity is a downer!

If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. - 2 Corinthians 11:30

It is good to have weaknesses because God shines through them.

I will show my weaknesses, for God's glory!

Why would someone ever want to openly boast about something? Let alone boast about their weaknesses? Aren't those things you shouldn't be proud of? But boasting about weaknesses somehow reminded me of how I articulated myself in my previous blog...Well, just talking about weaknesses reminded me of that blog, and it showed me how I SHOULD be boasting about them, not being ashamed of them. The verse I just referenced really convicted me. I am at a point in my walk with Christ where I can only make it through the day if I run to Christ. It is very good, but challenging because now more than ever every step I make is in surrender. It's funny because I thought I was living like that before. I was so wrong.

In honor of 2 Corinthians 11:30, I will boast in my weakness!

My prayer is that you all could understand this about weaknesses. This passage from 2 Corinthians 12 perfectly explains our weaknesses.

To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. -2 Corinthians 12: 7-10

This passage blows my mind. Have you ever sat down and thought about what God was saying to Paul when He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." God's power is made perfect in our weakness. That means it is acceptable to be weak, because God's power is made perfect through it. That doesn't mean you shouldn't go to God and repent of your sins and ask for help with overcoming sin issues. It means that God will bring you through something where there is no way you can get through it on your own, and it will bring God glory. There are so many other things that this verse says, but I want you to think about it for yourselves. What does this mean in reference to your walk with Christ? What does this say to you? I challenge you to apply this to your life, and see where it brings you.

Yes, I have problems. Yes, I have busyness. But I wanna be Heaven-minded, not high-minded!...All for God's glory!

Blessings,
Dalinda


No comments:

Post a Comment