Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Faithful Is Hard-Core

I refuse to let fear ruin my potential and keep me from growth and purpose.

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. – John Wayne....So saddle up and ride, knowing you don't ride alone.

Are you afraid today? Remember, fear and intimidation don’t come from God; they are tools Satan uses to oppose us, to keep us from purpose, to keep us from blessing. Keep going, even if you’re scared—God's not asking you to do anything He won’t help you with. Oh we must remember, that the Devil's threat to us is very real, but our God is in control.

Opposition is not an indication of being on the wrong road; it’s a clue that you’re on the right one.

Some days I have a bratty attitude because I focus on what I've lost rather than what remains. In the past five and a half....almost six years, I've lost my Mom to cancer, my Dad to heart disease, my peripheral vision in my right eye and my perfect health to whatever this thing is that I have had for the past six months. Yes, it has been very hard! But I am determined I will not focus on what is lost, but what remains. God has put me in the place I’m in for a reason. It’s not glamorous, it’s not what I would have picked, but it’s His design for me. I am in this saddle on purpose. He’s not worried about what I think I should have accomplished by now or what I've lost. He’s concerned about what I am doing in the place He’s assigned me to. He hasn’t asked me to do what others are doing; He wants me to do my best and give Him thanks in the place I am in, even in the whatever.

My faith is imperfect! But imperfect faith is the best kind of faith to have because it keeps me right where I want to stay....clinging and grasping for more.

If faith were perfect we would not fall to our knees and beg it so to increase.

For He is ever so faithful to make sure I am continually faith-filled in spite of my, sometimes, bratty attitude.

God never holds back on a promise. Even when you can't feel Him there, He's still there. He is faithful!

Faithful doesn’t give up. Faithful doesn’t let go. Faithful is steadfast, devoted, enduring, sincere, and trustworthy.

I want to be found faithful, for God (not others) to say, “Well done, Dalinda! Because you kept following Me even when it was hard, even when you were depressed, even though things didn’t always go your way, even when it felt like the whole world was against you or that no one cared, I am going to give you more to do. I’ve been watching you and rooting for you the whole time. You’ve proven you can handle it and I’m so proud of you!”

Because how we handle the little things indicates what we would do if we had more.

God isn't interested in us being famous in the world's eyes, but in us being faithful in His eyes. - Kent Crockett

Blessings,
Dalinda

If you are on Facebook, please like my page at http://www.facebook.com/faithfriendsandfruitloops

No comments:

Post a Comment