Monday, October 29, 2012

Waiting On God Brings Us To The End Of Our Journey Much Faster Than Our Feet

There is a divine mystery in suffering, one that has a strange and supernatural power and has never been completely understood by human reason. But the main thing is to suffer without becoming discouraged. The best things in life are the result of being wounded. Yes, the sweetest joys of life are the fruits of sorrow.

There are two ways of getting out of a trial. One is simply to try to get rid of the trial, and then to be thankful when it is over. The other is to recognize the trial as a challenge from God to claim a larger blessing than we have ever before experienced and to accept it with delight as an opportunity of receiving a greater measure of God's divine grace.

UPDATE: Diagnosis has been narrowed down to two autoimmune diseases: Ankylosing Spondylitis and Thyroid Ophthalmoplegia. I have inherited a gene called HLA B27 which is a gene in patients who have Ankylosing Spondylitis. Thyroid Ophthalmoplegia is basically an eye disease that can be caused by thyroid disfunction. I already have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis which caused me to have an under active thyroid. At least she has narrowed it down to two things! The doctor did some more blood tests for my thyroid. And I also had an x-ray Lumbar Spine AP Lat. for the Ankylosing Spondylitis. I had to get a flu shot because of my immune system. Also got some medication for my pain and inflammation and medication for the nerve swelling in my face and head. She does want my dermatologist to due a biopsy of my rash. I am going to have to do some research and extensive studying on all this because I can't even pronounce some of these words. LOL....I am thankful because we seem to be slowly but surely getting there. What's the saying, "Slow and steady wins the race?" Praising God for His faithfulness and amazing love!!! For He is good....all the time!!!!!

We all need to be reminded that it is not His will to act on our schedule. He desires to change you through trouble and cause you to learn a lesson from it.

Waiting on God brings us to the end of of journey much faster than our feet. Waiting - keeping yourself faithful to His leading - this is the secret of strength. And anything that does not align with obedience to Him is a waste of time and energy. Watch and wait for His leading. Victory is to be won by standing still and waiting. It requires much more courage to stand and wait and still not lose heart or lose hope, to submit to the will of God.

I once heard a wise older gentleman say, "When God tests you, it is a good time to test Him by putting His promises to the test and then claiming from Him exactly what your trials have made necessary."

There are many crosses I must bare, and every one of them is heavy and painful. And it is unlikely that I would seek out even one of them on my own. Yet Jesus is never as near to me as when I lift my cross, lay it submissively on my shoulder, and welcome it with a patient and uncomplaining spirit.

It is quite easy for us to talk and theorize about faith, but God often puts us into His crucible of affliction to test the purity of our gold and separate the dross from the metal. How happy we are if the hurricanes that blow across life's raging sea have the effect of making Jesus more precious to us!

Oh the blessings of absolute submission to Christ! What a blessing to lose our own strength, wisdom, plans, and desires and to be where every ounce of our being becomes like a peaceful Sea of Galilee under the omnipotent feet of Jesus! from Soul Food

Every highway of life descends into the valley now and then. And everyone must go through the tunnel of tribulation before they can travel on the high road of triumph.

Faith, when walking through the dark with God, only asks Him to hold his hand more tightly. - Phillips Brooks

I just stand in awe if the mighty ways God has used my health situation, my blog ministry....my story....to bring Him glory. Today marks my 365th blog post and a day where a new door is opened in my journey with my precious Lord and Savior. I can't wait to see what the next chapter holds. I just know it's going to be unimaginable because God is the author of my story!

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment