Thursday, October 25, 2012

He Who Has A Why To Live Can Bare Almost Any How

Have you ever felt like you were sinking in deep water? The hardships of life can be overwhelming. God never promised us that we would escape the turbulent seas of life, but He does promise this. “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and though the rivers, they shall not overflow you” (Isa 43:2).
We can trust God to not only be there, but to carry us through. That kind of support calms my fears and builds my trust. What about you? Are you fighting to stay above water? Then let go and let God carry you.

Whatever your situation, you have a decision to make. Will you cower away or charge forth in faith? While you may face scary risks, think of the difference you could make in someone’s life or a whole community if you simply choose to be courageous!

Whatever God is calling you to do this is His promise. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9). Through you and me God can touch another, perhaps save a life. The possibilities are endless if you only have the nerve.

If we truly want to live, there comes a time when we must make the decision to do whatever it takes to move forward in the direction God is leading us. We relinquish the control and the pride. We face our fear. We let go, we jump, and we trust.

It will be uncomfortable. And, it might be the hardest decision of your life. You might not land where you wanted to land. Yet, it’s in this decision to trust God 100% that something incredible happens…something beautiful.

What if we give Him what is already His? What if we trust, even if the answer is a whole new way that has never been seen before?

Every difficult task that comes across your path - every one that you would rather not do, that will take the most effort, cause the most pain, and be the greatest struggle - brings a blessing with it. And refusing to do it regardless of the personal cost is to miss the blessing.

The mountain climbing of life is serious, but glorious business; it takes strength and steadiness to reach the summit. And as our view becomes better as we gain altitude, and as we discover things of importance, we should "call back" our encouragement to others.

The ministry of thorns has often been a greater ministry to humankind than the ministry of thrones.

You can't see me but I'm totally doing a happy dance. God's teaching me (again) that He is able, faithful, trustworthy, true, and has a sense of humor.....First of all, let me just say that I have the best husband! He has gone to every single one of my doctors appointments with me and has supported me through it all. Whatever it all is! LOL Anyway, My Rheumatologist referred me to a Dermatologist, which I saw this morning. This thing has all the doctors stumped! He's not sure what type of rash I have. He scrapped it and looked at it under the microscope, but was still not sure. He did say that it was NOT a Lupus rash, which is good news. I have twin rashes - if you get my drift! The doctor wants to do a biopsy if the rash does not go away with the medication he gave me. I am scheduled to go back in 2 weeks. He said to let him know what diagnosis my rheumatologist gives me on Monday and that will help him figure out the correct treatment for me. I AM JUST ONE BIG PUZZLE!!! Jody said he knew that already. ;-) I probably have a disease that they don't even have a name for. If so, they can name it after me...Dalinda Disease. LOL

Blessings,
Dalinda

If you are on Facebook, please like my page at http://www.facebook.com/faithfriendsandfruitloops

No comments:

Post a Comment