Friday, October 26, 2012

Jesus Is My Buoy

Peace is good. But sometimes I want peace so much that I sacrifice progress for the sake of peace. And I’m learning that’s a mistake....Lesson from a carpenter

Our lives are very mysterious, but blessed are those who trust when you cannot understand.

I can get overwhelmed and frustrated by my lot in life, I think we all can. So this quote is very encouraging!...."Stand up in the place where God has put you, and there do your best. The grandest character is grown in hardship. - L.B. Cowan

"I grow under the load." - Alexander Smellie

I have been under the load for about six months now. But have learned great lessons and have grown in my faith. He has been my buoy. Buoys hold up docks, secure nets, save people. Buoys of all kinds serve one purpose: to lift up and support. Jesus Is My Buoy!

Buoys are always there, quietly bobbing along. We tend to overlook them except in times of need , such as inclement weather of life-threatening situations.

Without buoys, docks float away, nets sink to the ocean floor, and lives are lost. Without God, we suffer the same fate.

On Monday I go back to my Rheumatologist for my test results and my diagnosis. This ordeal has been quite an experience. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. But isn't that the way life tends to be? For if we didn't have the bad, we wouldn't appreciate the good. There have been times during this journey that I felt like I was going to sink under my circumstances, but Jesus was there to hold me up, AS ALWAYS!

We need a buoy to secure us - and, in tandem, perhaps secure others.

You see, secure docks can then secure boats, and secure nets catch fish - they cannot function properly without buoys. No matter how deeply the nets sink, the buoys hold them until it's time for them to be lifted.

God hold us in the same way, to use us in the same manner for His kingdom.

Please remember me and my family in prayer on Monday as we find out the next step in our journey. Whatever the next step will be, I have my buoy so I won't sink in my circumstance. Thank you Jesus!

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment