Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Gardener Is Pruning Me For A Larger Growth, A Fuller Life

It is possible to see God's will in every circumstance and to accept it with singing instead of complaining.

Only six more days....WooHoo!!! I am very optimistic about my upcoming doctor's appointment! The results on my blood tests were evidence that I do have some kind of autoimmune disease, but figuring out which one is difficult because there are over 80 different kinds. I have total confidence that God will give my doctor the wisdom and knowledge to figure it out. Whatever it is has already attacked my eye (and actually feels like it still is) and I have lost some vision as the result. But I still believe in God for miracles. He can still heal my eye! Because My God Is strong and mighty, My God Is faithful! ♥

We must remind ourselves that our suffering is designed to make us a vessel suitable for His use. Our Father takes away the rod when His purpose in using it is accomplished.

Trials do serve their purpose, if we are willing to become His vessel.

Even the fact that we face trials proves there is something very precious to our Lord in us, or else He would not spend so much time and energy on us.

"Every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful."John 15:2

The gardener stops pruning and trimming the vine or weeding the soil only when He expects nothing more from the vine during the season. He leaves it alone, because its fruitfulness is gone and further effort now would yield no profit.

It is the branch that bears the fruit, That feels the knife, To prune it for a larger growth, A fuller life. - Annie Johnson Flint

Every difficulty and every temptation that comes our way, if we receive it correctly, is God's opportunity. To receive it correctly we have to have an active faith. An active faith will praise in the darkest night and adds its "Amen" to God's "Yes" and then takes it's hands off, leaving God to finish His work.

Blessings,
Dalinda

If you are on Facebook, please like my page at http://www.facebook.com/faithfriendsandfruitloops

No comments:

Post a Comment