Tuesday, October 16, 2012

God Is The Ultimate Superhero

When I was little girl I used to watch Saturday morning cartoons. And of course, most of them had a superhero. I remember day dreaming about being a superhero or that I could have a superhero. But you know what, we all have a superhero...God IS the ultimate superhero! Truly, no matter what you face He is STRONGER!

God does not always give me all the details before He asks me to "move" out of my comfort zone, or, sometimes, to "stay still." He continues to remind me of this often. I have discovered that His plan is always better than mine, and when I listen and do it His way, I am blessed, and His work gets done His way.

The road to your promised land may be bumpy, but it is worth every mile if you're riding on the cape of your superhero.

You see, the road to my promise land has been bumpy since the day me and my family heard the heart wrenching news that my Mom had cancer...August 16, 2005.

Life is full of surprises, twists and turns, and ups and downs. It seems like when we think we have things figured out and the road is smooth something else pops up.

That year, I definitely didn't (and still don't) have it all together, but God used me. He lead me to start an encouragement blog the year I lost my Dad to heart disease. I saw God working first hand in people's lives and He was using me. Little me who felt like I had nothing to offer. Me, who hadn't been seminary trained and had so much to learn. Me, weak and scared and desperately dependent on God's grace. I had never played a part of something so eternal before. And as a result, that experience is the one I point to of how God called me into the blog ministry. That is the exact point He gave me a passion to see Him use me over and over again.

How you ever seen God use you to impact eternity? He's using all of us all the time for His purposes, but has He ever let you see Him do it?

I think about how Scripture commonly refers to this journey we are on as a race, a race we are encouraged to run with endurance....not give up. What ways is He asking you to step out and be willing and available for Him to use?

Every single day I come in contact with someone who has an incredible story of what God is doing through them. They are Kingdom shakers. We can be Kingdom shakers too, if we step out and be willing and available for Him to use.

Lord, help us run the races that count.

Blessings,
Dalinda

If you are on Facebook, please like my page at http://www.facebook.com/faithfriendsandfruitloops

No comments:

Post a Comment