Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Don't Regret Or Detest What Stretches You

God doesn't test us to be mean. He tests us to see if we are ready for what He has next. Sometimes the only way God can teach us something is to allow circumstances in our life to lead us to and through the very thing we need to discover. As Joyce Meyer says, "There is no such thing as a drive-through break-through."

God uses lots of things to talk to us. But actually hearing from God isn't so much a matter of if He's talking, but rather, whether we're listening.

Doesn't every day deserve a chance to be a good day? Quite often we fail to receive the blessing He has ready for us because we are not moving forward with Him. While it is true we miss many blessings by not waiting for God, we also lose numerous blessings by over-waiting. Our God is the God of limitless resources - the only limit comes from us. Make today a good day, "Go forward" and allow Him to work in you.

Sometimes a small adjustment can make a huge difference. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that this has proven true for me...Can't wait to share my story!...STAY TUNED!!! Small adjustments can have a big impact. Small adjustments in routine, or relationship, or maybe even a personal struggle can make dramatic improvements. Sometimes you have to quit trying to make a big change and start with a small one. ♥

In the midst of messy circumstances God is stretching my heart to trust Him. He challenges me to show up daily to sit at His feet to be fed. As I obey, my heart is comforted that God see me, He rescues me and it's His delight to do so.

As I recognize God's hand in the details, I am also learning that God's story doesn't revolve around me and having my journey unfold smoothly, but that I'm privileged to play some part in God's greater plan. If I will be patient, I will discern just how the details fit at just the right time.

Aren't you glad that when we leave the shaping and molding task in the capable hands of our Potter, He knows the exact time for everything? We will never see God rushing on to the next step....never. Of course, we sometimes like to step in and tell our Creator that it's time to start the next step. So very rarely does His timing match ours, so often we think we are more ready than what we actually are. We don't know everything, even when we think we do.

We plan the way we want to live, but only God makes us able to live it. Proverbs 16: 9

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment