Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Thankful For Do Overs

Trails are no fun when living in the midst of them. Today was very difficult for me. It was like the world was going on around me and I couldn't catch up. I've had many of these type days lately. And it seems like every time the weather is bad or it rains, I am in more pain. I had a terrible headache today. Literally, I couldn't even think straight. Just one of those days I wish I had a do over. Well, guess what? I do have a do over and it comes in the morning....God's mercies are new every morning. PRAISE GOD!!!!

We can't always fix our circumstances, but we can fix our minds on God. - Lysa TerKeurst

We must remember to stand firmly in the place where God has placed us, and do our best there. God sends us trials and tests, and places life before us as a face-to-face opponent. It is through the pounding of a serious conflict that He expects us to grow strong. Trails and suffering are needed to press us forward.

"The center of trouble" is the place where He preserves us, not the place where He fails us.

Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory. - Philip Yancey

Satan may laugh over our struggles and mock our wisdom, but he is defeated when we pray. I find comfort in knowing that Satan has a soft spot....my prayers.

Blessing,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment