Monday, February 25, 2013

Sin Always Gets Worse Because It Never Finds Satisfaction

Each new morning I have a choice to make: give in or fight, listen to God or listen to the world, act on my feelings or act according to His fact.

We tend to think 'Life should be fair because God is fair.' But God is not life. And if I confuse God with the physical reality of life - by expecting constant good health, for example - then I set myself up for crashing disappointment.

Doubt is a tool of the enemy. He wants you to second-guess God and yourself. He wants you to be paralyzed with fear. If he can keep you questioning and what-iffing and worrying about what others will say and seeking approval from those who have no right or power to endorse, then he has won.

Sin comes natural to us. It is our instinctive inclination. But ultimately, it is death, and we must bury it. Because if we don’t, we will never be able to fully let go. We will never achieve closure or resolution. Sin always gets worse because it never finds satisfaction.

I will fight against Satan, the author of death and destruction, the creator of diseases, the father of lies. I will fight; I will listen to God; I will act according to His fact. And He will be with me. He will fight for me.

Struggle isn’t an indicator of failure, it’s an indicator of fight. If you’re still fighting, you’re still in. And just in case you think God couldn’t possibly use you or that you’re a bad Christian because you deal with issues, just remember: Jacob was a cheater, Peter had a temper, David had an affair, Noah got drunk, Jonah ran from God, Paul was a murderer, Gideon was insecure, Miriam was a gossip, Martha was a worrier, Thomas was a doubter, Sarah was impatient, Elijah was moody, Moses stuttered, Zaccheus was short, Abraham was old, and Lazarus was dead—and yet He used them all.

The devotion below is a perfect analogy of how Satan works: by George Whitten, Editor of Worthy Devotions....

A farmer and his friend went duck hunting. Eventually, they got to talking about the things of God, as they always would. "You're always talking about these battles you have with the devil," the farmer's friend said to him. "It's so silly – I mean, I'm not even a Christian and I've never experienced anything like that."

"Yes my friend," the wise farmer answered, "but if you shot two ducks — one was wounded and one was dead — which would you go after first?"

"Well," he said, "I guess I'd go after the wounded duck – I can always get the dead one later."

"Mmm-hmm," said the farmer, "The devil knows you're a dead duck."

For those of us who are walking with the Lord today, be encouraged! Our enemy knows that we have potential to do great things for God, and out of fear, he'll try anything to take us out. This is so very evident by the constant battle we all face.

Let's stand strong against the devil today! And rise up to the Lord's calling upon our lives! We will fight and we will WIN! Because if God is for us, who can be against us?!

Let's remember -- God refuses to be one of our options....He is the ONLY solution to ANY and EVERY problem we may have.

God wants us to choose to love him freely, even when that choice involves pain, because we are committed to him, not to our own good feelings and rewards. He wants us to cleave to him, as Job did, even when we have every reason to deny him hotly. - Philip Yancey

Any discussion of how pain and suffering fit into God's scheme ultimately leads back to the cross. - Philip Yancey

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment