Monday, February 11, 2013

Faith Training

I have a personal trainer, His name is Jesus. He is my faith trainer. While I am in training, He gives my faith a good workout. He allows trails to come my way so that I can become a better, stronger me. Just like a good total body workout strengthens your body muscles....A good faith workout strengthens your faith muscles.

But God is nobody's water boy...If you want results you can't shy away from the heavier end of the weight rack. We have to suffer, in some measure, as His Son did while on earth. We may not understand His reasons, but we are insane to fight Him on this.

We must focus, focus, focus! The gym may look like a bright and friendly place, but keep an eye out for training saboteurs. Don't get distracted. Keep your focus on your trainer/faith connection.

Amplifying your Faith Trainer = Amazing Faith Muscles

Sometimes we get so obsessed over all the change that we fail to see the miracle in it all. The miracle that I grew as a person and was able to finally understand that my worth is found in Jesus and nothing else. The miracle that the one thing I always wanted to do—write and encourage others—was what I found when I was sent back to this place I once never wanted to be.

We don't actually want to share in Christ's sufferings, Christ's or anybody else's. However, we grant that hard times in moderate doses can be a good tonic for the soul. This topic of suffering, no doubt, is an important part of Christian living that we all should know more about. What about you? Have you gotten so caught up in the maintenance that you’ve forgotten the miracle? Think about where you once were and where you are now. God is good. God is faithful. God performs miraculous works daily. And even though sometimes it doesn’t look or feel or seem like a miracle, your life is a wondrous work of God.

The mentality of our society is: Just keep the heat down to a manageable level.....But God specifically says that all who follow Him can expect hardship. Didn't Jesus hang on a cross so we wouldn't have to suffer hell? Yes, but not so we wouldn't have to suffer here -- on Earth.

When I'm going through a hard time, I try to remember to see it is only a season. That this isn’t how it’s going to be forever. And though my circumstances may not change right at that moment, my outlook surely can.

God makes it all an awesome incredible journey! Even when I get down I can't stay down. It's like being in the Dead Sea, you can't drown. The salt makes you float. He makes me float when I don't know what to do. He carries me, sustains me.....It's the best feeling ever! No matter how crazy things get and I don't understand the whys...the messes....the frustrating...the crazies.....I refuse to stay down long. I think it's 'cause He's inserted this happy chip in my heart...a God chip....and it always ends up making me sing and believe He's got a purpose. He DOES have a purpose for ALL our lives.

When I think of where I was and where I am now....I'm humbled. He truly is for real. He truly is absolute truth. I am so very grateful for His promises that I can trust....it doesn't matter if they've happened yet or not...if they're taking a long time or come together quickly.....His promises are one thing I can really count on for sure.

God has given me opportunities to share my story...to tell what I know...to give hope...to shine His awesomeness...to make a difference in someone's life. So I write, and tell about the lessons God is teaching me along the road of life. I love to spread hope and encouragement by sharing my own experiences. My faith is an anchor that pulls me through all the rough times....It's the thing that grounds me....gives me something solid to stand on. HE IS FOR REAL! ✞ ✞ ✞

Faith.....without it I have nothing. With it.....I can scale mountains. Faith....is knowing He's got my back....and I already have so much proof of things He turned around in my favor. I know He'll do it again and again and again.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment