Monday, February 4, 2013

God, Use This

We need to give up the illusion that WE deserve a problem-free life. And we need to realize that our focus creates our feeling. Our perception is reality to us. Most of us have blind spots...no pun intended, that keeps us stubbornly chained to our feeling, irrationally neglecting to do things that would make our lives and relationships stronger.

We think the way MOST people think, when we need to think the way FEW people think!

I find that the difficulties of life still can take me by surprise and my pride swells, telling me I deserve better. Wow! I am so glad I don’t get what I deserve! This reminds me of a great quote from Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young -- "Part of you is still hungering for the resolution of all difficulties. This is false hope!" Jesus urged His disciples to align their expectations with reality in this fallen world....He told them you will have troubles.

I am still learning (thank you for your help, Holy Spirit!) to let God use my hardships. Sometimes it takes a little reminding that the reality of my circumstance has not changed - only the perception. When your interpretations change, your emotions change. To often people struggle to remake their circumstance (health, marriage, finances, addictions), when they should be asking God to help them remake their minds. So I ask God with a faithful and trusting heart to use my circumstances (the good the bad, and the ugly) to give Him the glory and to point me to Him more clearly.

The more readily one can accept pain, the less pain one experiences. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ” (2 Corinthians 1:5)

So let’s go about our earthly walk with great expectations. Expectations of a loving, faithful, powerful God who wants us to enjoy Him and glorify Him even in the midst of adverse circumstances.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment