Wednesday, February 13, 2013

MUSC UPDATE: Part 2

Job can be seen as a metaphor of the suffering believer. How Job reacts to God’s test says something about how we should react to trials. The book asks us to consider our faith. Would we continue to trust God, to love God with all our heart, soul and mind (Matthew 22:37-38) — even while suffering for reasons we don’t understand?

Job is not a victim of time and chance, but a part of God’s orchestrated purpose. Job has no inkling he is the star actor in a God-directed morality play on earth. As far as Job knows, God has disappeared from his life.

Today I had an appointment at MUSC with a rheumatologist. It did not go well! He seemed to have his mind made up that my diagnosis was not Temporal Arteritis when he came in the room. He said that I was under 50 years old and no one under 50 gets Temporal Arteritis. I don't really understand that logic. How does a disease know how old you are? But anyway....He said he didn't know what it could be, that we should just see what happens.

Needless to say, I was very discouraged (and probably still am!) He did not do any tests or even biopsy my temporal artery. I feel like Job!!!!

God is using me right now, the way He wants to use me right now. There is a reason.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment