Friday, February 1, 2013

Be Thankful For The Thorns As Well As The Roses

God's given us this life for a reason. He wants us to use our stories, our histories, to impart to others that God is a loving God full of grace and mercy who will always be with us. Who knows, perhaps my blessings will cause someone else to realize their blessings!

So today, if you are feeling down and out or like you've been left behind while the world goes on, take a few minutes to begin counting your blessings. As you count the big blessings, begin to thank God for the smaller things in your life. Thank God for the snow or rain, for the sunshine or the clouds. I even thank Him for the pain I feel in my body because I CAN feel pain. Does this sound silly to you? Well, it's not....Sometimes I just stop whatever I am doing and look around. I notice things I normally take for granted, like sunlight reflecting off the beautiful ocean. I think of all the little things I'd miss if I were blind. It's often the most minute joys that are missed the most. Even though I have lost some vision in my right eye, I am so very thankful that I am not blind. I can still see the beautiful sunrises and sunsets that God paints for us.

We start to feel His peace when we've allowed Christ to take our painful situations, and have given Him thanks for our blessings as well. Sometimes, this act of surrendering needs to happen day by day, hour by hour, or moment by moment. But when it's done, there is so much peace to be found in His presence as you're resting at the center of His will.

When we begin to focus on the good in our life, giving thanksgiving for all God has given us, and take our eyes off our problems, that's when things start to change.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment