Friday, February 22, 2013

I'm Doing The Happy Dance Even Though Some Parts Of This Journey Might Stink

I'm not where I want to be. But I'm here for a reason.

Being a follower of Jesus Christ is not about getting your pain taken away or fixing everything to your specifications. It's not about doing, it's about being....sharing in a priceless relationship with Jesus and sharing in His sufferings.

Living a life of contentment requires sacrificing my desires and plans. It means living a life for God and not me. When I remember all that my Savior gave up for me, I am humbled. If the God who created the universe can sacrifice everything or me, how can I not sacrifice my own desires for Him? Whenever I am tempted to complain or wish my life were different, I need to remind myself of all God did for me through Jesus Christ. I need to remember that because I have Jesus, I have everything I need. That's why I'm doing the happy dance!

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment