Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I Don't Have A To-Do List, I Have A To-Be List

I want to live a story worth telling. Jesus is the main character in my story, not me! If my story doesn't revolve around God's glory, it's not worth telling!

I want to be the person God intends for me to be. This means I have to give up my plan and accept His. When I set my life on His cruise control, everything falls perfectly into place - for God's pace is steady and His road is straight. Significant growth will be found when I hand my plans over to the Lord and allow Him to add and delete things as I go about my day. Because my plan wasn't THE plan...God's plan. I have learned that God's plan is beautiful and well worth the detour.

I want to serve Him passionately, not dutifully. I want to be the person who sees EVERYTHING God brings into my life as a good thing ... I want to be grateful in all circumstances. God is never going to show us the whole picture with every detail. If He did we wouldn't need faith. We would simply follow the blueprint and not The Lord.

I want to be a gospel carrier, a light shiner and a missionary. I want to be a blessing to others. But how do you know you're serving God from your heart? The first telltale sign is enthusiasm. When you're doing what you love to do, no one has to motivate you, or challenge you, or check up on you. You do it for the sheer enjoyment. You don't need rewards, or applause, or to be paid, because you love serving in this way...I absolutely love blogging and I want to be a blessing to others through my blogging. I pray that whoever reads what God has led me to write, that it would minister grace to the hearers.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment