Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mayo Clinic: Day 4 Update

"Praying in faith is not an inner conviction that God will act according to our desires if only we believe hard enough. It involves believing that God will always respond to our prayer in accord with His nature, His purpose, and His promises." Alvin VanderGriend.

This morning I had a neurology EMG, which is a test designed to detect any abnormalities in the nerves of my head and face. Because I originally did not have an appointment with the neurologists at Mayo, we had to try to be worked in on "stand by" to see a Neurologist this afternoon. Unfortunately, we were not able to be worked in (after waiting in the waiting room for 3 hours).

Still no answers for my illness and we only have one more appointment in the morning before we head for home. There are still tests that we have yet to hear back from so it is possible that we may know more tomorrow after my appointment. However, I have to deal with the possibility that I won't find the answers here. I have prayed for answers and on the surface, it would seem that my prayers have fallen on deaf ears. But I look deeper and realize that God has been listening and providing me with answers. My MRI was clear so I have no brain tumors or signs of MS. He is faithful and I praise Him for those answers. Just because He hasn't answered my prayer in the way I wanted does not mean that He has not answered my prayers.

We have not heard from Mayo or our insurance about the MRA on my chest that the Rheumatologist ordered on Wednesday. So, it would seem that I won't be having that test here. And I praise God for that because that is an answer.

So many times the trials of life can cloud our perspective and the way we see things. I was reminded of this as I read the book "To Heaven and Back" by Mary C. Neal, MD while waiting to see the doctor. She says this:

"My point is this: interpreting something that happens as being inherently "good" or "bad" is entirely a matter of perspective. Do bad things happen to good people? I'm not so sure. Jesus was certainly a "good" man. His crucifixion would certainly be interpreted by many as a "bad" thing. His disciples were devastated, yet the Old Testament prophecies would not have been fulfilled and a new covenant with God would not exist if Jesus had not been crucified. From this perspective, it is difficult to declare that the crucifixion of Jesus was a "bad" thing. In fact, it is the very heart of the "good news" that Christians celebrate.

Even when we are frustrated by our inability to understand a circumstance or event, there are unseen angels bringing comfort and protection as directed by the wisdom of God. Our only reasonable option is to rely on the word and promises of God."

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment