Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Let Your Weakness Be The Doorway To His Presence

We want to understand everything because it makes us feel that we are in control. Some of us are not good at "not knowing." It makes us feel weak and uncomfortable. But you know what? As Ken Davis says, "A comfortable life is not the path to be fully alive. It's a ticket to boredom and despair."

The whys in our mind make us miserable. We wonder, reason, fret, imagine, and are anxious to the point where it leaves us completely exhausted at the end of most days. When we ask why it becomes about us, our plans, and dreams. It becomes our need to determine the outcome. But only One knows the outcome.

Reasoning causes confusion and can easily make us vulnerable to deception. Satan, the enemy of our souls, does not want us to grow in faith; he wants us to be filled with worry, anxiety, and fear. He works hard to distract us from God by encouraging an excessive focus on our circumstances.

Trust requires some unanswered questions, and being satisfied to know that God knows what we don't know. We know in part, but God knows EVERYTHING. He is NEVER surprised or without a solution.

God will not go to work until we turn our problems over to Him. He is a gentleman and does not interfere without invitation. The Bible refers to this simply by saying that we "have not" because we "ask not" (see James 4:2)

Seeking to control the uncontrollable is an exhausting way to live. What if we learned to simply do what we can, and let the rest play out as it will? Would we find treasures just waiting to be discovered ... whether in us or all around us? Perhaps there are things that He'd like us to release so that He can better fill us up. Hmmmm???

There have been many times when I’ve asked God why. I don’t know the answers to these questions. However, I do believe that God has taught me some amazing lessons because of these questions. He has grown me in ways I wouldn’t have grown had my heart never had to ask these questions. God continues to bless me even when I don't deserve it.

As long as I'm uncomfortable I know I'm living. I know I am fully alive. It's when things get comfortable I know it's time to reevaluate. I can’t even begin to explain to you how this works. I just know that each time I willingly and openly admit my limitations and my need for help, God takes me by the hand and leads me some place beautiful ... His presence.

As I reread the last paragraph, I realized just how crazy theses words would sound to someone who is not a believer in Christ. How can you possibly pair joy and any adversity together? From a human perspective, joy in the midst of pain and trials, seems backwards and just plain crazy ... And yet, it is completely possible. I think this must be the part of my relationship with Christ that I cherish the most. I love the way He is able to inject joy into our lives despite our circumstances. His Spirit gives us the ability to see things through His eyes. And, we are able to say with confidence the same thing Paul tells the church in Corinth. “We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. (2 Corinthians 4:8-9)

The trials of our faith are precious because in and through them we grow closer to God and share in the praise, glory and honor of God. Can there be any better place?

God is always a gentleman, He's not going to force His life on us. But when we admit our weakness and rely on Him alone, He'll enable us to not only survive but thrive in our daily routine.

Each day, let's make a conscious decision to take hold of what Christ offers us ... LIFE, TO THE FULL. I'm going in God's direction, not my own. I'm learning from pain instead of wallowing in it. I'm choosing victory over victim.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment