Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Mayo Clinic: Day 3 Update

It has been a long, tough day. We met with a rheumatologist this morning and he felt like the pain in my face and the side of my head, as well as the swelling, may be nerve related. So he scheduled a neurology EMG for tomorrow morning and an MRA of the chest (whenever insurance will pre-certify it). After that, we hope to be able to see a neurologist here before heading home. He did say it may take awhile so we may have to make a trip back to Mayo. We also have an appointment Friday morning with the Endocrinologist to go over the results of the tests he ordered.

Meanwhile, I had a brain MRI this afternoon and received those results right away. There was no sign of MS or any other abnormalities or tumors. This certainly is a praise, however no news from this test means that we still don't know what is causing my problems.

I must admit that I am a little frustrated. I know God is in control and all of this is for His Glory. But the human side of me, the broken side, can't help but feel frustrated. We've seen so many doctors and had so many tests. You'd think that they would have been able to find something. We are still waiting on some results from other tests so I just have to be patient. Please pray for me because patience is not a strength of mine!

I can get overwhelmed and frustrated by my lot in life so this quote by LB Cowman is very encouraging! "Stand up in the place where God has put you, and there do your best. The grandest character is grown in hardship."

Hebrews 11:6 says, "And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him."

Thank you all for your continued prayers. Please keep the prayers coming.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment