Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Game Plan To Defeat Satan

Some people think that believers must always be on the mountaintop of extraordinary joy and revelation, but this is not God's way. Those high spiritual times and wonderful communication with the unseen world are not promised to us, but a daily life of communication with Him is.

No one can stay on the mountaintop of favor forever, for there are responsibilities in the valley. Christ fulfilled His life's work not in the glory but in the valley, and it was there He was truly and completely the Messiah.

This morning I had a great appointment with my primary care doctor. He agreed with the doctor at Mayo Clinic that I needed to have a MRA of my chest done to make sure I do not have Vasculitis. He also started the process of getting me referred to a neurologist here in town. Everything seemed to be looking up -- until late this afternoon when I received two phone calls -- one was to let me know that I could not get in to see the neurologist for 5 weeks....and the other phone call was to tell me that our insurance denied my MRA of the chest at the request of two doctors, one being a Mayo Clinic doctor and the other being my primary care doctor. You could say that my blood pressure went through the roof when I received this news.

Satan has really been working overtime trying to discourage me and trying to steal my joy. He will succeed if I let him, but I will not let Satan win. I have faith that God will carry me through. He has never proven unfaithful. Satan wants me to think my situation is hopeless. He has tons of minions to help him do his dirty work.

Satan knows that God's work can't be done and answers don't come if we are sitting on the sidelines feeling sorry for ourselves. God's work is done and answers come when we choose to actively and openly engage the journey.

Doubt creates mountains. Faith moves them.

Success isn't the key, faithfulness is. If you don't climb the mountain, you can't see the view.

Faith holds on and prevails. Faith assists God. It can shut the mouths of lions and quench the most destructive fire. Faith still honors God, and God honors faith.

We ALL need to remember that Satan won't let one victory go unchallenged....But God's work done in God's way will NEVER lack God's supplies --Depend on it!

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment