Monday, January 21, 2013

Mayo Clinic: Day 1 Update

Today I saw the Endocrinology Department and the Neuro Ophthalmology Department. The Endocrinologist ordered a lot of blood test and also a test to check my cortisol levels.

The Neuro Ophthalmologist believes I had a stroke of the optic nerve instead of the original diagnosis of optic neuritis. He wants to do some more tests to make sure I do not have any tumors anywhere due to all of my pain and swelling in and around my eye and face. A normal MRI with contrast was never done, only a MR Angiogram without contrast was done back in June.

I have to complete my 24 hour cortisol test and carry it back to Mayo tomorrow, while waiting for authorization from our insurance company to do the MRI. I am scheduled to see the Rheumatology Department on Wednesday.

Will continue to update throughout the week. Please continue to keep me and my family in your prayers! Love and hugs to you all!

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment