Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Track Of His Glorious Plan

Your story, the story of your life is a hope story....especially in the messiness. But we seem intent on avoiding the messiness of life.

Jesus told us that we are to love our God with all our heart, mind, body, and soul regardless of the circumstances. We don't point to Jesus or grow to be more like him alone. In the messiness of sharing life, weeping and laughing, giving and receiving we bring glory to God and joy to others.

It is easy to thank God for a good gift, but gratefulness for a perfecting gift comes years later. The key is not to resent the difficulties but rather to embrace their perfecting nature. The One who does not change wants to change me and embrace the good gifts along with the perfecting ones.

On this second day of the New Year, I am thankful for a God who is using my story, with all of its messiness, to perfect me and glorify Him. Our lives are living letters written so that God might be glorified. Through these stories, we are reminded that we serve a powerful God who still works miracles in the lives of everyday people. I am also thankful for a few extra days at the beach with my family before my husband and I head to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. As we embark on this journey, I am thankful...thankful that the birth, glory, and grace of my King wrecks my life every day, in a good way. I am thankful that the Spirit of God leads us through a process of reclaiming the wreckage and putting us back together again and on a new track, the track of His glorious plan.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment