Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Lop-Sided Scales Of The World

Sometimes we get too concerned with what others think or say about us. We are more worried about man's rejection than God's.

God has chosen you to do His work in this time. He knows your heart. He is faithful. He will not forget your sacrifice. So be faithful, even in the wilderness, even when no one else is looking—He is preparing you for the great work ahead.

It seems to me the people most qualified to talk about hope are the ones who have been hopeless and lived to tell about it. - Emily Freeman

At this particular time in my life, God has called me to be a blog missionary. I know my words will probably never reach millions, or even thousands, but they will reach those who God has prepared to receive them. But I must first do my part. People can’t read words that aren’t written and cannot receive hope that isn’t shared. I must trust. I must obey.

So trust Him and never push away the instrument He is using, or you will miss the result of His work in your life.

Life is not wreckage to be saved out of the world but an investment to be used in the world.

The school of suffering graduates exceptional scholars.

Sometimes I lose sight of the fact that my work or worth isn’t measured by who does or does not like my page or follow my links or retweet my blog posts or give me a shout out. The importance of what I do isn’t defined by the rules of cyberspace or the number of followers on my blog. The secret of life isn’t in being discovered or having my work shared or being a part of so and so’s group. It’s in Jesus.

Yes, I get excited every time a new country visits my blog, not because they have found me, but because God is using me as a tool for those who need to hear the gospel truth and who need hope. In Mark 16:15, Jesus says, "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone."....This excites me!!!!!

There is no limit to what God can do through you, provided you do not seek your own glory. If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. (see 2 Corinthians 11: 30)....It is good to have weaknesses because God shines through them.

God has used my blogging to teach me some things. He has taught me that little is much when He is in it, that He works in the details and small places we least expect, that He cares about all things that pertain to us, that He will honor faithfulness. And what He thinks about me, what He says about me trumps anything that anyone, anywhere, at any time has ever said.

What God thinks is all that matters. What He says goes. And what I do and say and write and live should be evaluated by those facts alone.

As for me and my blog, we will serve The Lord.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment