Thursday, January 10, 2013

Life Is Too Short To Have A Victim Mentality

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful. I've learned that our back ground and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become. Be grateful for all the obstacles in your life.They have strengthened you as you continue on your journey.

How can God use you for bigger things, if you can't even handle small inconveniences? Don't stumble over something behind you. Have the mentality, "I am not going to be bitter, I am going to be better." Life is too short to have a victim mentality. Always look for something positive in each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder. Let the challenges make you strong ... Let God make you strong. A strong person knows they have strength for the journey, but a person of strength knows it is in the journey where they will be strong.

Everybody wants happiness ... nobody wants pain, but you can't have a rainbow without a little rain. We must remember that there is no testimony without the test. I am grateful for all of my problems. After each one was overcome, I became stronger and more able to meet those that were still to come. I grew in all my difficulties ... and still am.

Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So ... get on your way! But remember ... Faith can move mountains. Doubt can create them. Faith is like Wi-Fi, it's invisible but has the power to connect you to what you need.

Life is a matter of choice. I choose .... to live by choice, not by chance; to make changes, not excuses; to be motivated, not manipulated; to be useful, not used; to excel, not compete. I choose self-esteem, not self-pity. I choose to listen to the Holy Spirit inside me, not the random opinion of others. Beautiful things happen in your life when you distance yourself from all the negative things. Be cheerful, it's contagious! There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy. The smile on my face doesn't mean my life is perfect. It means I appreciate what I have and what God has blessed me with.

Gratitude turns what we have into enough.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment